Blog | Working With Tyrolean
Working With Tyrolean
WBS Tyrolean is a cementitious render incorporating polymer technology, applied using a hand operated or open-hopper spraying machine; it provides a gorgeous final finish reminiscent of an open honeycomb texture.
When applying Tyrolean directly to existing render surface or brickwork, the substrate should be brushed downwards to clear out any algae, friable material or lichen. The surface should then be cleaned with fungicidal wash with any creases or protrusions being removed and all hollows filled, providing the ideal smooth surface.
Refurbishment & New Build Applications:
- If needed, apply a stabilizing solution to help improve adhesion
- Mix your basecoat to a pliable consistency using approximately 4-5 litres of clean water, per 25kg bag.
- Your mix should take at least ten minutes for all powder additives to dissolve and should ideally be creamy and a bit sticky
- Any renders with a high polymer content need to stand for 10-15 minutes before remixing, to break the initial set.
- Unless specifically advised otherwise, always allow 24 hours curing time before further application.
Check out our Wetherby Tyrolean range and feel free to give us a call if you need any advice or assistance.
Get a quote
Have an idea of what you need? We provide an estimating service that provides you with quick and accurate materials and supplies estimates. Just click to fill in the form and we’ll get right on it.